The Department of Louise

Compliments and Spankings, Free of Charge

Monday, October 02, 2006

Do I Care What Brings Them Down?


Well, it's a whole 3 or so days since our Congress voted to gut our Constitution, and as far as I can tell, everyone's moved on. Now, it's All About Foley. Kevin Drum has a good point: this is an easy-to-understand issue on which Republicans may very well be defeated, so why worry? Do I care what brings them down?

Well, yes. Because a populace that doesn't throw these bastards out for what they've already done, including the "complicated" stuff like Abramoff and habeas corpus, will let the next group of bastards get away with whatever they dream up.

I'm not going to complain if Foley turns out to be the border collie that herds the American voting sheep into the Democratic party column, but I'll pessimistic about any lasting improvements.